Thursday, August 06, 2026

Goodbye Spring/বিদায় বসন্ত


This week Rommy invites us to write a poem about a bone in specific or bones in general.

***

A leaf
A dry leaf
A dry, defeated leaf 
A dry, defeated, dejected leaf
A dry, defeated, dejected , dead leaf

A dry, defeated, dejected, dead yet dramatic leaf
Is there really something dramatic about death?
I can't ask the leaf 🌿 🍀 
It is so bone dead

***

Wiki says :

"Bone death, also known medically as avascular necrosis or osteonecrosis, is the loss of bone tissue caused by a sudden or gradual loss of blood supply. Without oxygen and nutrients carried by blood, the bone tissue dies, weakens, and can eventually break down or cause a joint to collapse."





Since this is my Bangla Blog a poem in Bengali which carries the essence of the verse above (not part of the response to the prompt)

আজ ১ এপ্রিল
বিদায় বসন্ত 
কালের গতি অনবদ্য
বিদায় বসন্ত
নতুন পথ চলা আরম্ভ
বিদায় বসন্ত
তুমি কি দেবে সঙ্গ ?
বিদায় বসন্ত
হয় তো না, তবু আশান্বিত 
বিদায় বসন্ত
এরপর গ্রীষ্ম....শরৎ....তারপর হেমন্ত
বিদায় বসন্ত
চুলের গোড়ায় হিম শ্বেত
আমি আশ্বস্ত 
আজ সত্যিই.... বিদায় বসন্ত 


9 comments:

  1. I feel privileged to enjoy your poems in both languages.
    I’ve read somewhere that a leaf stays attached until the tree has reclaimed its nutrients — a quiet act of devotion. And apparently, a money-plant leaf falls only after fulfilling its financial duty.

    Have I seen this leaf before — or is it déjà vu?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's an interesting piece of information. I did not know. As for the financial duty of the money plant leaves I wonder what it entails. 😂

      Yes, I have used this pic before. No deja vu. Sharp memory. Good luck.

      Delete
  2. Eventually the leaf will shred and vanish from human eye which seems dramatic, though it can't speak. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes,that's correct. Every entry is as dramatic as every exit.

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Thank you very much Priscilla. Sadness and joy both reside together. There is sadness in every thing beautiful too.

      Delete
  4. There is something sweetly playful about the way you've touched on a serious topic. I suppose a little drama must come no matter how we shuffle off our mortal coil.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A clever use of language and thought - Jae

    ReplyDelete